Sunday, August 10, 2008

Webelo Mom

Marie is the new Webelo Den Leader for our ward Cub Scouts! Her calling was a shock for both of us and I couldn't keep my composure and ended up laughing out loud when they told us. I just try to picture her in the Cub Scout uniform entertaining a group of excited boys working on their projects. I can't stop grinning and I am very eager to see how it works out for her. So if anyone has done it before I am sure she could us some advice and some friendly teasing.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Marle,
My deepest sympathy. :) I understand what you'll be going through. I go to the pack meetings and roundtable meetings and get a taste of cub scouts. I feel that I am doomed for this sort of thing for a long while since I have two boys.

You'll do great at it, and you'll learn to love it.

Maybe you can teach them the dixie cup trick. :)

Ciao,
Rav

Kelly said...

This is great! I have to admit I laughed too. But how fun! I think you will do great with this. After all you do have a little boy that you can teach someday! So fun! My sister laughed when she found out I was the employment specialist.

Katie said...

Marie,
Trent and me did were Webelo leaders together in our ward before the University 3rd ward. It actually turned out to be fun but it is a lot of work. So Dwayne better be careful because they might just decide he needs to be a leader with you :) Hope all is well for you and your family. Katie

Albertson Family said...

Way to go Marie-
Nice picture! I know you will have fun, I laughed too while I read this post. All I can say is Good luck!

The Woods said...

Marie!! I thought that the "Marie" on Trish's blog might be you :)...Anyway, what a cute family you have -it seems everything worked out for you guys! It was fun to see a few things that you have been up to. Monica (Johnson)

gc said...

HA HA HA HA HA! I have to admit I am laughing but I think it is great! Gary just got called to the 11 year old cub scouts so perhaps the two of you can exchange ideas. GOOD LUCK!
Trish

Alicia said...

Marie I have been their & I have girls! Scouts are a blast! Enjoy! Alicia