Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hiking in Arizona

Early November we went hiking here in the desert. Dwayne has gone many times already with Dylon but this time I finally went with. (I was pregnant and sick most of the previous times) Well, what you see in the pictures is what you get. I took a few landscape only shots but they pretty much all looked the same. Dirt, rocks, shrubs, and cacti. So for the first half of the hike poor Dwayne had to listen to me talk about how I miss the Utah mountains and hiking there. How there just wasn't anything interesting here to look at except for that which I mentioned before. Then I realized how annoying it probably was for Dwayne to hear me complain about the landscape. I started looking around with more positive thoughts in mind and started seeing the beauty of that around us. First off, we definitely would not have been hiking in shorts and short sleeves in Utah in November. Then I started thinking of all the creations around us and realizing that was all created for us and for our enjoyment. Although Arizona doesn't have the big mountains that the Wasatch Front does, it does have some smaller ones that are very diverse and beautiful. The landscape that surrounded us was exquisit in that each plant, rock and spec of dirt was put there by our creator, how blessed we are. I still do miss many things about Utah, but I look at things in a little different way now.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: