This year Halloween came and went. It's never been my favorite holiday so I've never gotten too into it all. Sadly, because of that this is the first year we have carved pumpkins with Dylon (I have always liked carving pumpkins, it just sits on the back burner to more important things). We've bought them in the past just never had/taken the time to actually do anything with them. Dylon loved it and though it was gross all at the same time. We will definitely have to do it every year from now on.
Apparently this holiday isn't Dylon's favorite either. Well at least this year, I think he'll love it in years to come. Every time we would walk past Halloween decorations in stores he would lose it. Not just a little whimper, I mean he would stand up in the cart and jump to me screaming and crying. He especially wasn't so fond of all of those Halloween decorations that you walk past and they make creepy sounds. (The creepy stuff is the part I've never liked.) Every time we would go look at costumes he would start crying and want to leave the isle. Even when I tried to put his monkey costume on from last year he would have nothing of it. Finally I asked a neighbor if she had something we could possibly borrow. She has some pirate costumes so we gave it a try. Dylon wouldn't let us get near it with him for Dwayne's school Halloween party. We got a little closer for our ward party. (the picture with all of us, Dylon is missing a hat if you notice.) Then I told him if he wanted candy he had to wear the hat when we went around to a few of our neighbors. I ended up holding it the last few houses, I guess I get those pieces of candy ;)
His little cousin Olivia is the adorable little bug next to him in the pictures. We love having Dwayne's cousins family close to us. Sadly we didn't get any better pics of Malia, I'll have to dress her up again and take some of our chunky little pumpkin!



4 comments:
Isn't it funny how different kids can be? Jaxon screams bloody murder if we DON'T walk down the halloween isle, and make every single thing moan, groan, and shake!
Cute costumes. Love the milk and cookies idea and Dylon is totally wearing that pirate shirt from that episode of Seinfeld! haha. I just don't know how you can't love Halloween, it's so fun!
well he is a cute pirate any how! You guys are so cute and i like the creativity.
Cute costumes! And I absolutely love your pumpkins! Wow, someone is talented at carving. (My simple pumpkin faces are comparatively very boring...:))
Post a Comment