Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ready, Set, Go...

Each Sunday morning we are frantically getting ready so that we can get to church early. Not for the obvious reason of being on time...we are trying to beat all of the older couples in our ward so that we can get a pew (hopefully one against the wall so we have the double barricade of parents on one side with the wall on the other). We are definitely at a disadvantage considering most older couples get up at 5:00 am in the morning, and do not have toddlers to wrestle with. In contrast to us or maybe I should say me who is trying to get every minute of sleep that I can before having to get up, get Dylon breakfast, get ready, get Dylon ready, and get Dylon's church bag together. Lucky for me that Dwayne gets ready fast so that he can get Dylon's church bag together, get Dylon dressed, and deal with any other things that might pop up. (The usual dirty diaper because we are in a hurry.) We laugh as we are driving on our way to church wondering if 15 minutes early is to late and wondering if we will have to sit back in the folding chairs that fill our gym. Our ward is HUGE!!! We dread for the winter because of all the snowbirds that will be coming (not that we don't love the older couples because we do). We've decided we are going to have to leave by 8:00 am to get a good seat for our 9:00 am church.

7 comments:

The Van Horn's said...

Way to go Dwayne for helping everyone get out the door! No matter how hard I try, we are usually late even though I have been up for 3 hours. I can hardly wait for the new schedule in January!

Margo and Dave said...

Last weekend was governor's day, I missed you guys, especially Marie! I had no one to sit and talk to during the ball and the parade (which was at the U this year).

Brit said...

i did notice you were way up front on sun! good job!

The Woods said...

Haha, that is why we try to get to church early...pews should be reserved for families with children!!

Maren said...

Wow, good for you to get to church early! And to think that even then you might not get a bench seat. We almost never get to our 9:00 am church on time, unfortunately. We definitely have some improvements to make there.

Julie said...

I think its always hard to get to church on time. Try doing it with 4. We have a 20 minute drive to church & it is at 9:00...man it's hard, but I think we do better now than when we were in utah & only 2 minutes away. Pretty Sad huh.

Kelly said...

Isn't that the truth. We have sacrament last and so you'd think it couldn't be hard to get a seat, we had to sit in the very front, and with a baby that has its nap time during then it makes a lot of up downs walk arounds. Not so much fun. Hey do you have Mary's contact info? How is she feeling do you know?