We went to the zoo on Saturday with some friends, it was fun for the kids to get out and see animals. I have to say, I was a little disappointed on the lack of animals that they had at the zoo. Hogle Zoo definitely has more. On the other hand, the zoo is much bigger which makes it possible for them to have really great habitats for the animals that are there. It was amazing, the spider monkeys were not in a cage, they are just out on an island and that is where they stay. They never try to get off of it because it is their home. There were some other smaller monkeys that we were able to go into their habitat and walk around them. They would run up right next to us. The giraffes were in a huge area with Texas longhorns, and many other animals, I can't remember them all. Oh, and as you entered the zoo, there was a huge lake/pond that was full of huge gold fish and other fish and turtles, it was pretty cool.
Anyway, here are some fun pics of the day!

This is only half of the turtles that were swimming around the pond. They had them throughout the park too in the different ponds.

We were watching one of our friends little girl Belle. The island with the Spider Monkeys is behind them.

Dwayne, Dylon, and the ringtailed monkeys.

They had little fun caves for the kids to look through at some of the animals.



Kyden, Dylon, and Belle. Dylon had crackers in his mouth - he was being a little dare-devil up here. We were worried that he was going to knock Belle off or pull Kyden down.

There were two fun little water areas in the park.
6 comments:
Looks like fun! I can't believe how big your little guy is. crazy!
So Fun, I bet Dylon loved it. Cute pics.
We are interviewing at Midwestern!!! We would love to see you guys! Email me your phone number there! Ktbugw82@aol.com so i can call you!!
He has gotten so big! How fun!
cute cute! I wish I coulda been there with you guys!
I'm suprised this zoo had less animals, I always thought it was way bigger and better than Hogle zoo! We love hogle zoo!
Post a Comment