Sunday, July 13, 2008

Arizona Sun

We have now been here for one full week, how time does fly! Dwayne's parents were able to come down with us. Dwayne's Dad came with him in the Uhaul and his Mom came with me in our car. Us girls took two days to come for Dylon's sake. I'm sure glad that we did too, by the time we got here, the truck was unloaded and the furniture was already together and in its place. Too bad they couldn't have had the boxes unpacked too;) They were wonderful though, what a great thing to come home to. We are loving it down here despite the hot weather. Like we have been told, you just have to stay inside. It is truly hot in the early morning, afternoons, and nights. It's amazing how even though we are in the desert it doesn't cool down at nights. We have been busy cleaning, painting, and unpacking. We have before pics of the two rooms we have painted so far, and as soon as we have finished a few minor detail we will post both the before and after pics. It is so fun to be able to personalize the home. We have great landlords who have been open to us changing wall colors.
This is our new home for the next four years. We'll eventually get out an email with our new address in it.

This is us of course, our little man is quite the character. This picture shows it all!

These are pics looking down the street both ways from our house. We live in the back of a neighborhood. We've been told that when the weather is better these streets are full of kids, bikes, skateboards and everything else kids play with. I'm excited for that, right now it is a ghost town. We have met some of our neighbors and they are all so nice. We LOVE it here!

Dylon is probably going stir crazy, he runs around the house all day. Man he has a lot of energy. He enters each room at least once a day! We were able to take him out in the backyard one day and he played in the water with Dwayne. I was supposed to take that time to get things unpacked without him inside, but I ended up taking pictures and hanging out with them. It was fun to watch him discover all the fun things on his new toy. (Thanks Grandma & Grandpa Gentry)

12 comments:

Matt and Amie said...

What a fun little neighborhood! Im excited for you guys to begin school. You will love it. Im jealous you get to paint your walls! I look forward to that one day when we are out of apartments.:)

Heather said...

I'm glad you made it there safe & sound. Cute pics! I miss you already!

Kelly said...

Really cute pictures! I love your new place! It looks much bigger than the apartments here. You all look so happy. I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

And you thought St. George was hot!!! Dylon is such a cutie! What a nice house. You are going to have such an awesome 4 years! Love ya, Aunt Dayna

Kate and Robbie said...

so happy...And look at that house!! I am so jealous! I am glad you got there safe and sound. Hope you can stand the heat! Rob got his MCAT by the way....not so good...so we take it once again. Wish us luck!

Brynn said...

Imagine tracking in that beautiful weather ;) Have you seen a monsoon yet? I didn't believe they had them until I saw one ;)

Katie said...

Oh! Your house and neighborhood look so nice. I was excited to see your post, it feels like you've been gone forever already...sure do miss you! Keep in touch

The Burnah Clan said...

nice place and cute pics! We miss you guys!

James and Bethany said...

I am so glad you posted! I have been looking to see how things are going. They look good! I am so happy for you guys. What a cute neighborhood!! You lucky ducks. We are leaving in two weeks....I am a little nervous! Keep in touch. bethanywilde@gmail.com

Margo and Dave said...

We are so glad you guys made it safe & sound! Good Luck with everything! It's hot now but just think how nice January will be...we will see you then!

Sheffers said...

I am glad you made it, and what a nice home you have. The water pictures look so fun and refreshing. Good luck in dental school!

Shauntell said...

I love that picture of Dylon pulling Dwaynes hair. I am so glad you guys are getting settled in and that you are happy.