Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rice to the Rescue!

In the past two months or so, Dwayne's phone has gotten wet twice. The first time it was knocked into a dish in the sink full of water, then the second time was yesterday. Dwayne worked all day getting in seed for our new backyard, mowing the front lawn, trimming all of the plants up front, putting together something to cover our propane for the fire pit, and any other thing he could fit into his day. While doing the seeding, he was watering the new dirt a lot to get it packed down and doing a lot of bending raking and whatever else you do when seeding a lawn. Well, amidst all that, his phone got wet again. Well, we have a wonderful remedy that has worked twice now for Dwayne's phone. He read it on the internet after the first incident. Put your phone and battery in rice. It worked wonders the first time and seems to be proving good yet again. So if any of you decide to send your phone swimming, just take it apart quickly and let the rice to the rest!

4 comments:

Harmony said...

What a good tip! My phone fell in the tub a few weeks ago. I guess I got lucky because it dried out on its own. I'm sure it will take another swim before long so I'll get my rice ready :)

Matt and Amie said...

How random! I had no idea. I will have to remember that, because my phones seem to have a gravitational pull to water! :)

Brit said...

well i am glad i am not the only one who got it wet. And I am glad you guys found that cool tip that worked!

kp said...

oh, I wish I had known that a few years ago!