Monday, October 20, 2008
Saltines and 7-UP
I have officially been initiated into another part of motherhood. A not so pleasant part, but another part none the less. When Dylon was little he of course had the stomach flu, but it is a whole new world when they are on "normal food" not just milk. Last night as Dwayne and I were about to get into bed we heard this weird noise. Well, it was Dylon, poor little guy was woken up spewing his days meals all over. Unfortunately I had picked him up thinking he was done and received a not so pleasant surprise in my hair and all over me. (This happened twice throughout the night.) Anyway, so the two of us had a long night together, and now we have a blanket spread on the floor in front of the TV and have been enjoying saltines and 7-UP (which Dwayne was so nice to pick up during his lunch break), oh and of course pedialite. It is so hard to watch your little ones go through this, but it is bringing back memories of when my mom or dad would bring home 7-UP, eating saltines all day, and watching TV/movies. Somehow even though I was in pain and didn't feel good, there is some how a comfort to saltines and 7-UP. I hope Dylon will enjoy these days of saltines and 7-UP even though it will be from the result of him not feeling good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Poor Dylan! It is sooo hard when they are sick, but too little to make it to the bathroom. I hope he feels better soon...for all parties involved!
Sorry about the sickness, welcome to the "I've been puked on" club (it's more than just "I've been spit up on" club.)
I am sorry Marie, I heard he had food poisoning? That's not fun at all! Good Luck!
Poor little guy! It's hard watching your kid throw up and look so helpless. Hope he feels better soon.
Rough times. It's sad to see them go through that.
Awww...that is no fun. Poor little guy (and poor mom!)
When he gets a little older, he may find out the best part of being sick is (in no particular order)...saltine crackers, 7-UP, staying home from school and watching The Price is Right!! That was always my favorite part.
I heard you met my cousin Sarah...how fun (and random). She will be a good friend to have over the next few years. She is such a sweet, fun girl. Please don't tell her too many embarrassing stories about me ;)
Post a Comment