Monday, October 13, 2008

Fight to protect the definition of marriage!

This election is a very interesting one in so many ways. Prop 102 is one item on the ballot we should all take very seriously. Though my religious and moral beliefs are the foundation of my opinion on the subject (refer to The Proclamation to the World), there are so many other things we need to take in to consideration. If same sex marriages are legalized, it will effect us in so many other ways. This first video is one example of how it is going to effect our children in public schools. Visit some of the sites on my side bar and you will see so many good examples of how it is going to effect us and so much more. "Having tolerance without condoning. We can love someone while still maintaining and advocating our standards and beliefs. Unless Proposition 8 (proposition 102 in AZ) passes, California society will soon undergo a profound change in its basic understanding of marriage and family life. That will affect everyone in numerous ways. Over time, greater acceptance of nontraditional marriage will be demanded of all people. This could impact the ability of any religion to teach and practice its beliefs." "Failure to pass Proposition 8 will hurt churches. The court’s decision will inevitably lead to conflicts with religious liberty and free speech rights. Society will become more and more hostile to traditional beliefs about marriage and family."Read more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewXaVmfOj2w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l73BT6TWGj8

3 comments:

Cagney and Laci said...

http://mormonsformarriage.com/?p=33
Here is another website that give another perspective. I think it is always good to look at both sides of the issue.

The Burnah Clan said...

I'm so glad you posted about this, you guys are affected too!

kp said...

Hey! I haven't been blogging in a bit, and now you have all these new posts, I need to get reading! I love your article, I was wondering if the church has been as involved in the campaign in Az as they have been in CA. Also, thanks for the shout out on the column :) Oh, and the family says hi!