Friday, February 27, 2009

Stinky Photo Cop!

Okay, so Dwayne and I have lived in AZ less than a year, and we have had more close calls or tickets (one of those tickets on its way to us) than we ever did (time wise) in our over 13 - 14 years of driving in Utah. We are not law breaking citizens either. Dwayne had two tickets when he was 16 and until moving here had a very clean record since that time. I also have had two both of which I thought the speed was higher than it was in the location. So now I vent my frustration and put out a warning to all of you friends and family whom I care so much about, and don't want you to get tickets. They have many o' photo cops on the freeways. The one we were snagged for was up by Payson AZ on our way camping. We hadn't seen a speed sign and therefore we were going with the flow of traffic. The courts of course have no sympathy for that! So now onto the one that I am venting about. Today as I was coming home from the grocery store I was turning left. I had already entered the intersection and the arrow went yellow. I panicked because I knew there was red light photo cop there and I didn't know what their stance was on "running" a red light. Well, the panic slowed me, and apparently enough that I got my picture taken. I wish I would have thought to smile at least! Any who, I am very frustrated. If anyone knows of any tips on that kind of a situation PLEASE let me know!!! So word of wisdom to all those who plan to head down to this neck of the woods, DO NOT SPEED, and if you sense the lights are going to change, DON'T GO!!! What ever you do. Even if it is still green, if a few cars have gone before you, just stop, ignore the horns honking behind you, just stop. Better safe than sorry, right??!

8 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

That is SO frustrating!! We've never had problems with things like that in Idaho...I guess Idaho and Utah really are the promised lands huh? :-) How are you feeling?

Sheffers said...

Bummer! I hope it all goes okay. Good luck.

Rachel said...

i hate photo radar. The past couple of days, every time i pass a photo cop or photo radar, i see someone getting flashed. Not me, thankfully. Sorry it happened to you :(. Next time speed through as fast as you can so you don't get flashed. peddal to the mettal girl

Kate and Robbie said...

Good to know! Thanks for calling me back...been a bit hectic...I will call you soon!!

gentry's said...

just dont pay it.ha how will they ever know if you received one in the mail. ha. i guess it may be dishonest, but its been all over the news, no one is paying them, one time i had to go to traffic school and the instructor even said, if you have a photo radar ticket, you really shouldnt have wasted your time. i dont know though, its a tough call for me. but good luck and im sorry to hear that!

kp said...

That's just because you're used to utah and running yellow lights :)

Sarah and Trent said...

I Completely agree with you about our clothes when we were younger..but let's not forget about the hair either. My mom would poof my bangs 4 inches high...How are you feeling?

Valerie: said...

Hey its me Valerie VanderLinden from church. I found you through Ashley's blog page. I love looking at other people's blogs, hope that is ok. Too bad about that ticket. that stinks. Luckily I have never had one flash at me but i have gone through many that were yellow and i thought they would flash but it didnt. ok well i will have to add you to our page. Let me know if you dont want me to k.